Quotes

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."
Anthony Robbins

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Happy Thursday!

I love Thursday! It is my favourite day of the week. I don't really know how Thursday is different then any other days. I suppose it's because I always have the best luck on Thursday, it is my best day. I am always happiest on Thursdays!

Why am I so happy? Well for one, it is Thursday. And because today I went out and put myself out there in search for a job, and I am quite confident. Something that would be helpful for you to know about me is that I have very low self esteem and little confidence in myself. Today is the third day that I have been job hunting. The first two times I handed my resume out  I received very little results. The first time I got a call back and was asked for an interview, and then a job trial. However, I did not get the job.

My mind started to tell me to just give up, that I had no hope on getting a job. What did I do? I ignored it! I kept pushing myself forward, always on the lookout for any open opportunities. So today I went around my local shops, places that I hadn't tried before, and I came home satisfied! I don't know why today was so different to the other days I tried, maybe because I was on the verge of giving up, or maybe just because it's Thursday. But whatever the reason, I pushed myself that little more further and became a little more happier. Now by results I don't mean 'yeah you got the job!' I mean promising responses that I will hear from them again, from more than one places also.

What some people don't understand about my desire for a job is that it is not about the money. Honestly, I don't even think I need the money right now, I mean I'm only 15. I want a job for self satisfaction. It would be absolutely brilliant getting a call saying that I was able to sell myself with the little confidence I have, and that I have proved to someone that I am worthy for their time. To me, getting a job is getting me that one little step closer to achieving my life goals.

Happy Thursday!
Chantelly x

Stay Updated - Next Post: Life Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment